FOR A SAFE, PERFECT SURGERY
- It is recommended to stop taking medications such as birth control pills, hormonal drugs, vitamin, aspirin etc. 2 weeks prior to surgery if possible.
- Any substance that could augment the blood-flow should be avoided from ingestion.
- If you are under treatment of diabetes, thyroid issues, heart disease or hypertension, make sure you let our consultants know immediately.
- Your time of recovery will depend on how healthy you are before surgery.
- Smoking and drinking should be stopped from at least 3 days before the surgery.
- We also advise you eat healthy food and stay away from processed foods.
- On the day of the surgery, wearing loose-fitting clothing is recommended.
- Jewelry, make-up, nail polish and contact lens should be removed.
- For most surgeries, you will be under a certain type of anesthesia and some with sedation.
- Anesthesia with sedation requires fasting for 6-8 hours while General Anesthesia requires fasting for 8-12 hours depending on your case, and is mandatory.