Eyebrow lift and upper blepharoplasty are two different procedures. The latter procedure fixes the saggy eyelid by making a double eyelid line, changing the original shape and form of the eye.
On the other hand, eyebrow lift simply makes an incision either above or below the eyebrow, enabling the patients to keep the original shape of their eyes, double eyelid lines, and appearances.
Let’s know more about the procedure before having it.
What is Eyebrow Lift?
An eyebrow lift, also known as a brow lift or forehead lift, is a cosmetic surgical procedure aimed at improving the appearance of the eyebrows and forehead area. It is designed to address sagging eyebrows, forehead wrinkles, frown lines, and other signs of aging in the upper face. The procedure can help lift the eyebrows to a more youthful and aesthetically pleasing position, resulting in a rejuvenated and refreshed appearance.
There are different techniques used for an eyebrow lift, including:
- Traditional Brow Lift. This surgical procedure involves making incisions either within the hairline or along the natural creases of the forehead. The surgeon then lifts and repositions the underlying tissues and muscles, removing any excess skin if necessary. The incisions are then closed with sutures.
- Endoscopic Brow Lift. This minimally invasive procedure utilizes an endoscope, which is a thin tube with a camera on the end. The surgeon makes several small incisions within the hairline and inserts the endoscope to visualize and adjust the tissues and muscles. This technique typically results in smaller incisions, less scarring, and a quicker recovery compared to the traditional brow lift.
- Non-Surgical Brow Lift. Non-surgical options for eyebrow lift include treatments such as Botox injections and thread lifts. Botox injections relax the muscles that pull the eyebrows downward, resulting in a temporary lift. Thread lifts involve inserting dissolvable threads under the skin to lift and reshape the eyebrows, providing a subtle elevation.
Your cosmetic surgeon will choose the specific technique that will best suit your needs and preferences.
Who are Good Candidates for Eyebrow Lift?
Good candidates for an eyebrow lift are individuals who are bothered by the appearance of sagging eyebrows, forehead wrinkles, frown lines, or other signs of aging in the upper face. While each case is unique, here are some general characteristics of good candidates for an eyebrow lift:
- Sagging Eyebrows: Candidates typically have eyebrows that have descended or drooped over time, resulting in a tired or angry appearance. The ideal candidate may desire to raise the position of their eyebrows to achieve a more youthful and refreshed look.
- Forehead Wrinkles and Frown Lines: Candidates may have noticeable wrinkles or deep furrows on the forehead or between the eyebrows (glabellar lines). These can be addressed and minimized through an eyebrow lift procedure.
This operation is not performed directly on the eye area, but rather near the eyebrows. Therefore, it doesn’t change the shape of the eyes, double eyelids, single eyelid, or the overall impression of the client’s appearance. For that reason, Eyebrow Lift is for clients who want to keep their original looks.
Who are Good Candidates for Eyebrow Lift?
Prior to the eyebrow lift procedure, you need to have an initial consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss your goals, medical history, and any concerns you may have. The surgeon will evaluate your facial anatomy and determine if you are a good candidate for an eyebrow lift. If you are fit for the procedure, the surgeon will provide specific instructions for your pre-operative preparations.
During the eyebrow lift procedure, you will be under local anesthesia. The type and placement of incisions will depend on the technique used for your eyebrow lift. Traditional brow lifts involve incisions either within the hairline or along the natural creases of the forehead. Endoscopic brow lifts utilize several small incisions hidden within the hairline.
The surgeon will lift and reposition the underlying tissues and muscles to elevate the eyebrows and smooth out forehead wrinkles. Excess skin may be removed, if necessary. Once the desired adjustments are made, the incisions will be closed with sutures or other closure methods. Your surgeon may apply dressings or bandages to protect the incision sites.
After the procedure, you will be monitored for a few hours until the anesthesia wears off. Your surgeon will provide you with detailed post-operative instructions regarding wound care, medications to take, activity restrictions, and any potential side effects or complications to watch for.
Swelling and bruising around the eyes and forehead are common after an eyebrow lift. These effects usually subside over time but can last for several weeks. You will have scheduled follow-up appointments with your surgeon to monitor your healing progress and remove any sutures.
The final results of an eyebrow lift can take several weeks or months to fully manifest as swelling subsides and the tissues settle into their new position. The results of an eyebrow lift are long-lasting, although the natural aging process will continue over time.
Why Choose Mina Plastic Surgery for Eyebrow Lift?
Have the procedure done by one of the best eyebrow lift surgeons in South Korea, Dr. Cha. He designs the line for incision and considers your eye shape, eyebrow, and eyelid sagging. An incision following the designed line is made either above or below the eyebrow.
Dr. Cha removes the unnecessary skin and muscle. He then pulls the lower muscle upwards, fixing it on the periosteum-the membrane which covers the bone. The remaining muscle and skin are pulled up and sutured back into their places, smoothing out the wrinkles.
This is one of Mina Plastic Surgery’s specialties. At Mina, we will bring out a freshened appearance, while the original shape of your eyes remains.
Mina Plastic Surgery is committed to providing its patients with the best cosmetic surgery experience. If you want to book a consultation, fill out our online booking form. Once our team receives your form, we will contact you for your appointment confirmation and diascuss the details of your treatment. You may also reach us at (+82) 10-6295-6552 or [email protected].
The time it takes to schedule an appointment depends on the availability of our doctors and the type of treatment or consultation you seek. Consultations are scheduled as soon as possible, and treatments are scheduled within a few weeks of consultation. Attending your appointment on the scheduled date and time is best to avoid delays.
Procedure Cost and Payment
The cost of a brow lift procedure in South Korea can vary depending on several factors, including the specific technique used:
- A surgical brow lift in South Korea can range from 3,900,000 KRW to 13,000,000 KRW (approximately 3,000 USD to 10,000 USD).
- An endoscopic brow lift is generally a less invasive technique compared to the traditional surgical approach. The cost can range from 3,900,000 KRW to 10,000,000 KRW (around 3,000 USD to 8,000 USD).
- Meanwhile, you can have non-surgical brow lift procedures, which are cheaper. The cost of botox injections can range from 260,000 KRW to 780,000 KRW (approximately 200 USD to 600 USD) per treatment session, depending on the number of units used and the expertise of the injector. Thread lifts can cost around 650,000 KRW to 2,600,000 KRW (500 USD to 2,000 USD), depending on the number of threads used.
We accept payments through cash, credit cards, and bank transfers. Mina Plastic Surgery ensures that you understand all the costs and fees involved in the procedure before scheduling your surgery appointment.
Recovery and Aftercare
At Mina Plastic Surgery, we care for your overall health. As recovery varies in each person, we personalize and provide attentive aftercare to our patients to ensure a smooth and successful recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions about Eyebrow Lift
The incisions made during an eyebrow lift are typically well-hidden within the hairline or natural creases of the forehead. Skilled surgeons strive to minimize scarring, and any resulting scars are usually discreet and fade over time.
Yes, non-surgical options such as Botox injections or thread lifts can provide temporary lifting and rejuvenation of the eyebrows. These options may be suitable for individuals with mild to moderate eyebrow sagging or those seeking a less invasive approach.
Temporary numbness or altered sensation in the forehead or eyebrows is common immediately after an eyebrow lift. Sensation usually returns gradually as the healing process progresses, but in rare cases, there may be permanent changes in sensation.
Yes, it is common to combine an eyebrow lift with other facial cosmetic procedures, such as eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), facelift, or dermal fillers. This combination can provide comprehensive facial rejuvenation and enhance overall results.