Facial fat grafting is also known as facial fat transfer or lipofilling. The surgery is a cosmetic procedure that moves fat from the thighs and hips to the face area. These transferred adipose tissues have a good blood supply and regenerative capabilities, making them suitable for transplantation.
Patients who age and become dissatisfied with their faces can choose this technique to regain their healthy appearance.
What is Fat Grafting?
Face fat transplants are beauty treatments that make your face look healthy and lively. This procedure can be used for the following objectives: There are scar treatments, facial muscle degeneration treatments, improved lines of wrinkles, unobscured face treatments in other surgeries, and facial treatments due to smoking, post-traumatic scars and acne. However, Fat Grafting is not suitable for diabetics or people with other diseases that generally delay wound healing.
Before Fat Grafting surgery
– The patient consults with the physician about the patient’s treatment area, details, postoperative care, goals, and side effects.
-Physicians reveal medical and drug records.
-It is recommended not to wear makeup or accessories on the day of surgery.
Fat Grafting Procedure
- Mark the treatment area with a marker.
- Sterilize the fat collected area (thigh and hip area) and the injected area and cover it with a clean cloth.
- Local anesthesia paralyzes the site where the fat is accumulated.
- Insert a long syringe through an incision to extract fat.
- Close incision after fat removal.
- Rinse the oil and blood from the extracted fat.
- Then refine and slowly inject into the receptacle of the face.
After Fat Grafting Surgery
-Don’t massage your face. To prevent fat from moving from the treatment area to other areas. This is important to ensure the life of the treatment.
-Compression dressing is applied to prevent fat movement.
-During the first week, edema and bruises can be seen to some extent.
-You have to follow up well for six to eight weeks.
-A waiting period of at least three months is required if multiple operations are performed.
-Inform your doctor if corrections or calibration are required.
-If bleeding occurs or edema continues for more than two weeks, and if infection or other damage occurs, notify your doctor immediately.
Face fat transplants do not last as long as other invasive facial surgeries, but nevertheless, they are the most popular facial rejuvenation technique.