Double Eyelid - Part incisional
Double eyelid surgery – partial incisional involves creating a small incision to remove excess skin and fat to create a crease.
Several people want to have the double eyelid surgery in South Korea. This is solely because the country has a well-established reputation for plastic surgery and is home to highly skilled and experienced cosmetic surgeons.
Let’s discover more about double eyelid surgery – part incisional.
What is Double Eyelid Surgery — Part Incisional?
The part incisional double eyelid surgery creates a small hole pocket on the upper eyelid and makes small incisions to create a natural-looking crease. It is performed under local anesthesia and takes 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete. Cosmetic surgeons may use small sutures or adhesive strips to close the fold, making the crease natural-looking and the sutures unnoticeable.
It is a safe and effective eye procedure, customizable to your needs and goals.
Why Do People Choose to Have Double Eyelid Surgery — Part Incisional?
Cosmetic enhancement and self-confidence are the common triggers that make people interested in having double eyelid surgery. These people are self-conscious about their eyes, and to boost their self-confidence, they seek to have part incisional double eyelid surgery. The procedure creates a natural-looking crease on the upper eyelid that makes the eyes look larger, expressive, and youthful.
But having a double eyelid crease is not only for beauty ideal. Double eyelid part incisional surgery also improves vision by lifting the sagging eyelids that may obstruct one’s visual field.
The decision to undergo the double eyelid surgery – part incisional varies for each person. But knowing if you are a good candidate, what to expect from the procedure, and its possible risks is important.
Good Candidates for Double Eyelid Surgery — Part Incisional
The part incisional double eyelid surgery is recommended to clients who have thicker eyelids or have undergone non-incisional double eyelid surgery but have loosened over time.
Are you a good candidate for part incisional double eyelid surgery? Here are some factors that make an ideal candidate for the procedure.
- Absence of upper eyelid crease. Clients who do not have a visible crease on their upper eyelids benefit from the procedure as it creates a natural-looking crease.
- Excess or sagging skin in the upper eyelids area. Clients with excess or sagging skin around the upper eyelids can achieve a youthful and refreshed appearance after the surgery.
- Good skin elasticity. The procedure suits those with good skin elasticity better, as their skin can conform to the new crease.
- Realistic expectations. Clients must have realistic expectations for the procedure and understand that the results are not immediately noticeable due to the swelling and bruising after the procedure.
Besides these factors, it is essential to note that your overall health is significant as you have to undergo local anesthetics. The plastic surgeon should know whether you have allergies or other health issues; the medicines may contraindicate.
Contact our clinic for an appointment with our cosmetic surgeon to know if you are a good candidate for part incisional double eyelid surgery.
What to Expect in Double Eyelid Surgery — Part Incisional
The goal is to form a prominent eyelid fold. Dr. Cha designs customized double eyelid lines that suit your face and eye structure. After planning and consultation, you have to expect these during and after the double eyelid surgery part incisional.
- A plastic surgeon administers local anesthesia to numb the areas around your eyes. Although you are awake during the surgery, the anesthesia helps minimize the discomfort.
- When the anesthesia kicks in, Dr. Cha creates micro holes in the eyelid for the thread.
- A minimal incision is made on the upper eyelid to remove unnecessary fat and muscles.
- After removing fat and muscles, Dr. Cha stitches back the incised part and the hole.
The procedure takes 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete the procedure, depending on the extent of the surgery. After the surgery, you are monitored for a few hours but can go home later.
Recovery and Aftercare
You may experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort for several days after the surgery. The cosmetic surgeon at Mina Plastic Surgery ensures a comfortable post-operative experience.
- The cosmetic surgeon prescribes pain medication for you when the pain and discomfort become unbearable.
- Apply a cold compress on the treated part to reduce swelling. Make sure only to do it for 15 minutes. Do this for at least 2 weeks, or until the swelling subsides.
- Avoid strenuous activities, heavy lifting, and rubbing your eyes at least 2 weeks post-operative.
- Do not wear contact lenses and eye makeup for at least a week. The cosmetic surgeon will also advise you on when it is safe to resume normal activities.
- We also advise sleeping on your back to avoid putting pressure on the treated area.
Swelling and bruising may subside about 1 to 2 weeks after the surgery, but the results may take several months to become noticeable. Attending all follow-up visits with your surgeon is essential to monitor your progress and ensure your incisions are healing properly.
You may take time off work and other activities during the initial recovery. So, if you are a foreigner who plans to have your part incisional double eyelid surgery in South Korea, plan your schedule accordingly.
Why Choose Mina Plastic Surgery for Double Eyelid Surgery — Part Incisional?
Not many cosmetic clinics in South Korea offer double eyelid surgery – part incisional. This is a special procedure of Mina Plastic Surgery. Dr. Cha combines the merits of the incisional and non-incisional methods to keep the natural-looking. The incisional method has a strong fixation of the double eyelids, while the natural adhesion in the non-incisional method allows minimal scars and swelling.
Contact Mina Plastic Surgery for your double eyelid surgery – part incisional online consultation appointment. You can call us, email us, or fill out our form.
For patients outside South Korea, we have an English-speaking staff who can accommodate your inquiries about the procedure. Make sure all of your concerns are answered before booking a flight to South Korea. You have to be in South Korea before the scheduled surgery to have pre-operative tests and medical evaluations.
Procedure Cost and Payment
Costs vary on the clinic, surgeon, and procedure extent. The double eyelid surgery — part incisional ranges from 1,500,000 KRW to 5,000,000 KRW, around 1,300 USD to 4,300 USD. Additional fees for pre-operative tests or post-operative care may be added.
We accept payments through cash, credit cards, and bank transfers. We ensure that you understand all the costs and fees involved in the procedure before scheduling your surgery appointment.
Recovery and Aftercare
At Mina Plastic Surgery, we care for your overall health. As recovery varies in each person, we personalize and provide attentive aftercare to our patients to ensure a smooth and successful recovery.
Patients for double eyelid surgery – part incisional are asked to return after a week for the stitch removal. Our cosmetic surgeon gives detailed instructions on how to care for your eyes post-operative, ensuring the aftercare plan is tailored to your needs.
Feel free to contact us with any concerns during your recovery period.
Frequently Asked Questions
Double eyelid surgery – part incisional is a safe and effective method to achieve a natural-looking double eyelid with only minimal and unnoticeable incisions. The procedure is suitable for people with thicker eyelids or who have undergone non-incisional double eyelid surgery but have loosened over time.
If you want your non-incisional double eyelid surgery in South Korea, Mina Plastic Surgery is a trusted clinic with experienced cosmetic surgeons. Book an online consultation with us and be one step closer to your dream.